Applications from new students for the academic year 2021/22 are now open.
The courses for 2021/22 will start 27 September 2021
The deadline for applications is 15 August 2021.
Late applications may be accepted until 14 September 2021.
The Course Team will do everything possible to process these late applications but must give priority to applicants who met the original deadline.
Applications that arrive after the final cut-off will be acknowledged and may be held over for the following academic year. They may be considered academically when applications reopen in February.
Application deadline: 15 August 2021
doneStart an Online Application
If you are currently enrolled on a UCLan Astronomy programme you will not need to submit an online application.
In February, towards the end of the current academic year, we will contact you by email regarding your Module Choices for the next year and will ask you to complete an online questionnaire to inform us which module(s) you wish to study in the next academic year. This should significantly speed up the registration process. It is important that you complete the progression questionnaire by the deadline in March/April.
Only students who have completed the progression questionnaire will be invited in August to enrol online, ready for the start of the module in September. Payment can be made following enrolment, or later in October when the University issues invoices.
NOTES FOR NEW STUDENTS
The application process is online, following the procedure described below.
To start an application, click on the green ‘Start an Online application’ button above, and create a First Time User Account (this is just an account that allows you to create, edit and submit an online application).
Important points regarding the online application:
- Choose radio button UK/EU/Island Applicant or International Applicant
- Level of Study: in the drop-down menu choose ‘Undergraduate’
- Mode of Study: in the drop-down menu choose ‘Part Time’
- Year to Start Study: select the year, eg ‘2021/22’
- In box “Search for any part of Course Title” enter ‘Cosmology’ or ‘Astronomy’ or ‘Astrobiology’ or ‘Sun’
- Under the Search box, tick ‘Distance/Blended Learning Courses Only’
- Click the Search button – lower left – to obtain a list of courses.
- Choose radio button of the course you want, eg ‘Certificate in Cosmology’.
- If the distance learning applications are closed when you enter the online application system, the distance learning courses will not not be found in the course search.
- Click ‘Continue’ to go to the Application Checklist.
- Complete each section of the application in turn.
- Remember to upload scans of your qualifications in Supporting Documents
- You do not need to supply an academic reference if you are applying for a Certificate, but you must if you apply for the CertHE, DipHE or BSc Astronomy.
If you wish to study 2 separate Certificates, you will need to put in 2 separate applications – we recommend that you copy and paste the information from the first application into a document and then paste it in the second application.
Even if you plan to move on later to advanced study, we ask you to start with Certificates initially. It will be possible for you to transfer onto one of the advanced awards at a later stage and modules studied as Certificates will be counted towards the advanced award.